Friday, October 10, 2008

Blog #1 10.10.08

The thing I like most about Comm 101, is that I am able to read the book and in most cases know what the book is referring to. Chapter 19 is no exception. When the chapter starts out it discusses culture at work and how it can effect overall performance in employees.
I think that with my career, although it is short compaired to many people in the corporate world, the different companies I have worked with have all had very different ideas of culture. I think personally the companies with the stronger sense of culture and pride in excellence, I was a lot more motivated to work for.
Although every company wants to be profitable and successful, I think that many companies overlook the importance of culture and pride that chapter 19 discussed.

No comments: