Saturday, September 27, 2008

Blog #2 9.27.08

Lets try this again. For some reason I post blogs and they dont post... anyway.
Tug-O-War - Chapter 12
"The tensions they face are common to all personal realationships, and those opposing pulls never quit. (155)

This was such great insight into the struggles of any realationship. I really appreciated the fact that most of these readings and theories, I can relate.
I relate with the Tug-O-War with my family the most. It is tough to agrue and fight with family but I think it only makes that bond stronger.
I know that when I fight with my wife, it sucks, but we are able to work it out and are stronger afterword.

“From a relational dialectics perspective, bonding occurs in both interdependence with the other and independence from the other.” (155)

I feel that I am a very independant person, and I like other independant people. This deffinetly makes it tougher when it comes to compromise and the tug-o-war, but the fact that the love and sacrifice is more important to both of us, the relationship survives.

1 comment:

Professor Cyborg said...

I've had that problem a few times as well. After I post my entry, I always view my blog to be sure it posted. Generally, blogger is pretty good about saving drafts and then posting the entry. But when blogger isn't autosaving, it's best to log out of your account and try posting again.